責任とは何か

昨年、ある先輩が主催するコンサートに出演する予定でした。 しかし、そのコンサートでは私だけ伴奏をつけてもらえないことになっていました。私は事前に何度もコンサートについて確認していましたが、そのことについて一度も説明を受けておらず、本番のわずか1週間前に、別の出演者のSNSを通して初めて知りました。 主催者に理由を尋ねましたが、はっきりした説明はありませんでした。それ以前にも排他的だと感じる対応が重なっていたため、私は出演を辞退しました。 そのあと別のコンサートで彼女に会いましたが、謝罪なく逃げてそのあと第三者から辞退を責めるようなメールが届き悲しかったです。 小さなコミュニティの中で、時々こうして排除の経験をするたびに、その影響で参加できる場所が少しずつなくなっていくのを感じています。この問題は残念な事にどこでも起こり得ると思います。音楽を続けることそのものが難しいと感じることもあります。 しかし、こうしたいじめのような経験によって、音楽を諦めることだけはしたくないと思っています。 私たちはただ、神聖なもののために気持ちを捧げているだけです。 音楽を守り、これからも続けていくために、このような問題に立ち上がるにはどうすればよいでしょうか。 それでも先生達のお陰で続けて来ることができて、素晴らしいインド人の演奏家や、たくさんの優しいインド人の方々と出会い、演奏の機会をいただきました。 自分を受け入れて信じてくれて、一緒に演奏してくれたり、声をかけてくれる先輩や教えてくださる先生、友人、一緒に練習してくれる素晴らしい演奏家の皆さんに心からに感謝しています。 本当にありがとうございます。 Last year, I was scheduled to perform in a concert organized by a senior musician. However, I later discovered that I was the only performer who would not have an accompanist. Although I had asked about the concert several times beforehand, this was never explained to me. I only found out about it one week before the performance through another performer's social media post. I asked the organizer for the reason, but I did not receive a clear explanation. There had already been several other situations that had made me feel excluded, so I eventually decided to withdraw from the concert. Unfortunately, in a small community, each experience of exclusion can gradually reduce the number of places where one feels able to participate. I believe problems like this can happen anywhere, and sometimes they have made me feel that continuing music itself is becoming difficult. But I do not want experiences like this, which have felt like bullying, to make me give up music. We are simply offering our hearts to something sacred. How can we stand up to these kinds of problems while protecting our music and continuing on our path? Despite these difficulties, I have been able to continue thanks to my teachers. I have met wonderful Indian musicians and many kind people in India, and I have been given precious opportunities to perform. I am deeply grateful to everyone who has accepted me and believed in me — the senior musicians who have performed with me and reached out to me, my teachers who continue to guide me, my friends, and all the wonderful musicians who practice and make music with me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 🙏

コメント

人気の投稿